Saturday, September 4, 2010

Commenting

Eph 4:29 “Let no corrupt communication proceed out of your mouth, but that which is good to the use of edifying, that it may minister grace unto the hearers.”


Commenting guidelines, everyone has them and this site is no different. The Apostle Paul had much to say to the church at Ephesus concerning speech. The above quoted verse is for starters. I remind those who would post comments to be in keeping with the demands of our God upon our lives as we interact with one another. I also realize that there are many other verses which are applicable to our interacting, so do not misconstrue that I have limited our applicable verses to only one for determining how we conduct ourselves here.

Because this is my site, I am the final authority as to what will be considered an acceptable post. To take from a radio talk show host, I am the benevolent dictator here. For some that may rankle your feathers, to which I am sorry it does but that does not alter the fact that I am responsible ultimately for what is posted here. While discussions may be heated at times, we must remember that we will all stand before God one day and give an account of ourselves. A very sobering thought to consider as we interact with one another.

2 comments:

xander said...

Timely words. Thanks for the reminder. I am especially aware of the need to be careful, prayerful and honest in my latest quest to address some issues that I see sneaking into sound churches.
I recently read "The Glory of the Ages" by David Dunlap. This book did an excellent job in stressing the importance of Dispensational Theology in the present day in which we live.

"There is a vast difference between defending a doctrine from the viewpoint of the intellect and defending it from the heart. We must of course, use both our minds and our hearts in defending doctrine. But those who use their minds only in the defense of doctrine will never be great defenders of the faith. May we heed the instruction of the proverb and 'invest" ourselves in truth." (prov 23:23) Dunlap pg 17

I am in a quest to gather a succint list of "popular" contemporary speakers who are contaminating our churches with Reformed/Covenant thinking, disobedience with regard to separation, and Lordship Salvation as well as other issues of the day.

Pointing some people to a blog or website doesn't always work if they have to wade through pages of materal.
Any tips?

Brian said...

Thanks for stopping by. Not familiar with the book you mention but do like the quote from it. Come back as often as you wish.